all about Giselle
photos & videos
Articles & News
check the news
talk to me
OMB (def.): 27.414.
• SINGER AND COMPOSER: Bachelor degree in Erudite Singing
• VOCAL EDUCATOR/ THEATER: The Beauty and the Beast (Musical for infants and adolescents) – The Procópio Ferreira Theater, As Larvas (Gabriela Alves) – Paulista Theater, Blue Jeans (Humberto Martins/ Dir. Wolf Maia)- Palladium.
• THEATER – The play “Lês Enfants Du Paradis” (Cast “Blue Jeans” / Character: the Sister who likes to gossip and the Magician`s Assistant) -1992/ actress.
• COMMERCIALS: Eletropaulo, C&A the Dance Competition, Telesena Real, Lacta/Sonho de Valsa, Elma Chips/Raffles (protagonist/carnival), C&A/Spring-Summer (Tribe) 99, Kaiser (Raymunda) –99/2000, C&A São Joâo 2003.
• SHORT FILMS: 1994 – “Utero” and 1998 – “Todo Dia Todo”. (“All Day All”).
• CLIP: Professor Antenna / 1998 – The Dance of the Spade.
• SCENARIO: Created and produced the Arabian scenario for the commercials of the Brazilian Connection, using the “Feticeira do H” as the protagonist – TV “ Banderantes” – ( recorded on April, 15 – The Tent, December, 22 – The Palace /1999).
• THEATER: SACERDOTISAS (Priestesses) The exclusive performance of the Oriental Dance was hold in Nunes Francisco Theater, Belo Horizonte on September 30, 1998. Creation, direction and choreography is Giselle Kenj.
• STYLISTS, BRAND NAMES, FASHION SHOWS: Besides inaugurating the fashion shows with the performances, creates the choreography for evens and special themes in accordance with the brand name. Stylists and events: Heitor Wernek, Alexandre Hercovitch, Shina Sekine, Tony & Robby Atellier (Belly Dancing), Mercado Persa (Persian Market). The participation in TV fashion shows and others.
• THEATER: The play “E Ela Pensa Que é Normal?” (And she thinks she is normal?) (Rosi Campos/Sebastian C&A). Choreography, gestures (the character Keiko) and preparation of body expression of the cast is Giselle Kenj.
The Body-Language/ Choreography/Gestures: Body-Training and Choreography for the whole cast of the play “As Filhas da Terra” (“The daughters of Earth”), directed by Creusa Borges. 2005.
• Dance Co. Giselle Kenj: The leader of the group of the Oriental Dances and Folkloric Arabs, promoting the Egyptian and Arabian culture to the whole Brazil and all around the world.
• INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCES: May-June, 1996 – Europe (Germany, France, Switzerland, Holland); 1998 – Europe (France, Germany); 2001 –Europe (UK, France, Spain); 2002 – Europe (Ireland and France).
• SHOW NURENAHAR, A EGÍPCIA, solo dancing and choreography by Giselle Kenj, with Caio Ignácio – a musician. The special participation of the Indian albino snake – Thot.
• TEACHER/COLLEGE/1996 – Marcelo Tupinamba`s Dance College.
• TEACHER/SCHOOL: From March 1994 until October 2002 – Yoga Mudra: “ The holy Art of Belly Dance”.
• WORKSHOPS. THE BELLY DANCE: Egyptian and Arabian styles, Oriental Folklore end Body-Therapy in Sao Paulo, Brazil and overseas.
Teacher / Agencies
• SUCESSO & SUCESSO: Belly Dance Teacher, Body Expression, Body Language, Verbal Communication. Models Courses, workshops – 1998/99.
• Flash book and Brazil Central: Belly Dance Teacher and Body Language –1999 and 2000.
• WRITER: Magazines “Oriente Encanto e Magia” (The Orient, The Enchantment, The Magic) “Orient Express”, the monthly informative magazine of the Arabian community ( from 1997 until now).
• REPORTS: (INTERVIEWS): The Magazine “Veja”(“LOOK”) Sao Paulo, The Magazine of Folha, The Magazine“Iris Foto”, The Magazine “Marie Claire”, The Magazine “Homs” (The Club Homs/ the Cover), The Magazine “Ana Maria”, “Folha da Tarde”, “Diário Popular”, Isto É, VOGUE RG, Isto É Online, Fashion News (Internet), Site IG-Último Segundo, Site Morango/Babado
• INTERVIEWS AND REPORTS IN THE ELCTRONIC MEDIA (TV and RADIO) – from 1992- present. As an actress, singer, dancer and therapist.
• STAGING AN EVENT “JUNHO VAI TER 1001 NOITES” (June will have 1001 Nights) – Shopping Mall Center Paulista- Sao Paulo-S.P/1997- 30 days. Staging of the event, organization of the entertainment, participation in the Bedouin dance as the dancer and as a teacher in the Belly Dance.
• STUDYING THE MODERN BALLET with RUTH RACHOU (BRASIL) / ORIENTAL FOLKLORE: GassamFadialla (Nova York) e Shokry Mohamed (Spain)
• BIENAL DO LIVRO (BOOK´S BIENNIAL) – MAY 1998 – PARTICIPATED AS A DANCER:
May 5 – Ed. Moderna (The Modern Building)- The Presentation of the Book “Dança do Ventre, uma Arte Milenar” (“The Belly Dance. The Millenar Art”) / The Belly Dance.
May 9 – Ed. Asa Amarela (The Yellow House Building)- The Presentation of the book “Capitão Mouro” (“The Captain Mouro”) /The Bedouin Dance.
• SHOW: BRAZIL-MIDDLE EAST CONNECTION.GRAN MÉLIA – Hotel “Sao Paulo”- The I Executive Women´s Forum. Participation: The Belly Dance and Folklore- September, 1998.
– The Magazine “ Jovem Pan”. Cover and the poster. June 2000
– Photo-trail with the actress Maria Paula for a internet cite Paparazzo (www.globo.com) -January 2004
The Egyptian dance with Giselle Kenj
“LA BOTEQUILA”. Adolfo Tabacow st, 152. phone: 822-4717. Fridays and Saturdays. From March 1999 until March 2000.
• GITANA : From March to June 2000. June and july 2004 and July 2005, with a solo dancing career.
• MONTE CRISTO : from august 2003 to march 2005 – leader from belly dancers, creating the shows
• HELL’S ANGELS Moto Club : every Saturdays, from march to October 2004.
• ÉBANO : every Tuesdays, from October 2004 to april 2005.
• OLD VIC PUB : august and September 2005.
• SESC BERTIOGA : presenting ISHTAR SHOW on november 07 and 30, 2005.
• TRANSAMÉRICA HOTEL : Show ISHTAR on Reveillon 2006/2006.
• AUTÊNTICO : every Thursdays, from march to may 2006.
• ELEFANTE Bar : Egyptian Night, every Thursdays, from june29 to October 27 /2006.
• RANCHO DO VINHO : every Thursdays from February to april 2007.
• TANTRA Restaurant – Vila Olimpia ( 364, Chilon Avenue, São Paulo ): Egyptian Dance accompanied of musician, every Saturdays since march, 2001 until now.
• TANTRA Restaurant – Granja Viana ( 988, São Camilo Avenue. São Paulo ) : Egyptian Dance accompanied of musician, every Fridays since january22, 2010 until now.
• TANTRA Restaurant – Tatuapé ( 721 Itapura Street, São Paulo ) : Egyptian Dance accompanied of musician, every Thursdays since February, 2014 until now.
• TANTRA Restaurant – ABC ( 627, Piauí Street , São Paulo ) : Egyptian Dance accompanied of musician, every wednesday since February, 2014 until January 2015. Since February 2015, every Sunday, at 02:00 pm.
• DUNAS : special belly dancer , accompanied of Mohamad Azra ( singer ) and George Mozayek ( derbake ). www.dunasbar.com.br
• TRIXMIX Cabaret : Egyptian Dance since july 2010.
• CABARET by Heitor Werneck : since 1998.
• Created and leaders Giselle Kenj Co ( Egyptian and Arabian Culture and Dance Company ) : since January 2007.
• MEDIA “TELEVISIVA” (The Video producer “Indie”): The performance dance with the albinic Serpent Thot, accompanied by the band “Os Anjos” (“The Angels”)
• CD “TANTRA LOUNGE” – The musical composition. Vocal: music n 7. Distributed in Brazil and abroad.
• CD “ TANTRA RESTAURANT” – The musical composition. One track . 2008
• CD “TANTRA DANCE FLOOR” – The musical composition Five tracks. 2008
• CD “Buddha Lounge vol. 8 – The musical compositions. 3 tracks. Azul Music Record.
• CD “Spirit of Buddha” – Ambichater / the musical composition. Azu1 Music Record
• CD “ Spirit of Belly Dance” – Hipnose / the musical composition. Azul Music Record.
• Studies and works out Pole Dance on AV Pole Dance Studio, with the pionner of POLE DANCE in Brasil, Alexandra Valença, since January 2011.
• Performed on VIRADA CULTURAL of São Paulo / BRASIL as Belly Dancer in 2012. COPAN STAGE / CABARET STAGE.
• Performed on VIRADA CULTURAL of São Paulo / BRASIL as singer ( musical composition ) and belly dancer in 2013. CABARET STAGE.
• Performed as singer and belly dancer on EROTIKA collection launching of CHILLI BEANS in São Paulo / 2013.
• Performed on VIRADA CULTURAL of São Paulo / BRASIL as belly dancer in 2014. CABARET STAGE.
TV : Giselle Kenj has been performing as Belly Dancer on better TV Programs of BRASIL. Search TV on site